66% of Seattle's Greenhouse Gas Emissions
Transportation in Seattle should serve everyone. It should prioritize transit, pedestrian, and cycling, and continue to accommodate personal vehicles. It should be convenient for people to get around the city without a car, and for businesses to make deliveries. It should be powered by clean electricity.
Improve Alternatives to Auto Ownership & Use
6. Support transit-oriented development
9. Amend zoning to encourage stores, jobs, key services and transit within a 15 minute walk of every resident - the “15 minute community”.
Accelerate Conversion to All Electric Vehicles
Action Priorities 2021
Use Links below to see more background on Transportation Actions
3. Support Development of plans to electrify public fleets and private school bus fleets
5. Renew Seattle Transportation Benefit District – done!
6. Support zoning changes to encourage 15 minute walk communities.
The State charges EV vehicles a $150/year fee and hybrid cars $75/year on their vehicle licenses that funds a grant program for electric vehicle charging infrastructure.
The State has a sales tax exemption for vehicles powered by clean alternative fuel, and for certain plug-in hybrids.
City of Seattle Transportation Demand Management
Seattle Bicycle Master Plan
Click Links At Top To Go To Other Webpages